Many cards on the site allow a preview of customizing within a personalization system called "Corjl" - DEALERS do not need to use this and can simply expect to receive a free proof after placing your order (unless you let us know you prefer to use the Corjl editing system.)
*There is a video link on the site that walks you through how to use Corjl.
DEALERS also do NOT need to order via this website and can simply order via email and you will receive a free proof within 24 hours.
takenotepaperco@gmail (dot) com
Looking forward to a great 2020 Holiday season after a very rough year of 2020 (I think we can all agree).
Dealers can reach us via chat online, email, or by phone. Our preferred method of contact is email or chat (or text me via my phone number). This isn't because we don't want to talk to you "in person" (we do!), it is just not the method that works most effectively for running my home-based business. This is the way I have chosen to operate for the last 17 years - and it has worked out really well - for my business and my family life.
why?: Most of my dealers are women (yeah girl bosses!) and have a family, choosing this line of work because it allowed for flexibility in work hours and family time. I too started this business 17 years ago for this same reason. It is for this reason that I do not operate on a standard 9-5, Monday-Friday schedule, nor do I require the people that work for me to. However, the upside to this is that we are available at off times and on times. We work days and nights and weekends - just stretched out throughout the day. Feel free to TEXT ME - this is no problem for me at all, I love communicating via text, after all I have 4 children. :)
If this does not work for you, I understand and wish you all the best. But rest assured, if you need to talk to us on the phone, we are here. Just leave us a detailed message OR TEXT US to call you, and we will get back with you as soon as we can. However during non-holiday months, it may take 1 business day to return your call.
During the Christmas holiday season we will promptly answer your calls, texts, chats, and emails, for all of those last minute order questions. We are here for you nearly 24/7 during November-December. :)
**Please be aware ALL prices have changed as of March 2020 since we resumed operations from Printswell.
**BE aware that the guidelines available to download below will note that proofs are $7/each and can take up to 2 business days - This will not take effect until 2021 at the earliest. Until our preview system is ready for each card, allowing you to create your own files, proofs will remain free.
**For the rest of 2020 PROOFS are FREE and sent within 24 hours.**
CLICK here to download the new price sheet and ordering guidelines pdf for your albums.
In order to continue selling take note products, please fill out the dealer form and email it to us PRIOR to placing a take note order.
Click here to download the digital signature version of our dealer form. Must be opened in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro for the digital signature option.
Click here to download the standard version of our dealer form.
BOTH are able to be filled in with Adobe Reader and saved.
Why are dealer orders now being sent directly to take note?
First of all, rest assured that Printswell is still our PRINTER of choice. So expect the same print quality and attention to detail. Next, we managed and ran our own line for almost 10 years before having Printswell take over daily operations for our dealers. In fact, if you are a legacy dealer, then we have already met. :) Our current business is multi-faceted and Printswell ran only a small portion of our business. Taking back the reigns is the only way we could have full control over our product offerings, terms, timing, etc - all of which are necessary in this very competitive industry.
Although we need to have a set of "rules," I am always open to hear what the situation is and make decisions on a case by case basis.
Will this change increase lead time?
What about new products or albums?
What is the purpose of this website?
- This website is primarily for dealers to place orders. If you are a dealer, you can place an order here directly and pay later.
- You CAN alternatively send your order via email.
- You will receive a free proof (through 2020 (at the least) proofs are free) within 24 hours.
How does the payment situation work when placing orders on this site?
- You create the order officially by placing the order here, but when it comes to selecting payment method, just select 'dealer' and it will not require payment at he time of the order. You will see the order total reflects RETAIL pricing. However, your standard dealer pricing will apply to your official invoice.
How will you pay?
- You will be responsible to pay the invoices. We will NOT be holding your credit card numbers and billing automatically at the beginning of each month for prior month orders. INSTEAD, we will submit adjusted dealer invoices to you via email within a day or two of your approved card file. You will be responsible to pay the invoices ELECTRONICALLY. We have chosen this route because we feel strongly that we do not want to be holding your credit card numbers in house.
What about multiple orders being invoiced together?
- YES! When you happen to have several orders that are approved to print within the same timeframe, we generally will combine multiple invoices together and send you one invoice to pay.
When is the invoice due?
- Although you do not need to pay when checking out, you will need to pay outstanding invoices within 7 days of your order shipping or within 10 days of receiving the invoice, whichever comes first.
- We will only be providing short terms to our dealers.
- Why? Essentially when you collect the order funds from your client, you have collected your portion, our portion, and the printer's portion. We simply need reimbursed.
- During the holidays, we will not allow more than 5 orders to accrue without first paying your old invoices, even if it has been less than 10 days since receiving your invoice.
WHY does the order reflect retail pricing online?
- We had multiple dealers requesting that the initial order creation be retail based, so that the client can be invoiced based on that. This is especially important when dealers are placing orders online with their clients present, which is the case for many album holder dealers.
- Even though you are already a dealer for the take note line (established with us years ago or with Printswell), you must fill out a dealer form BEFORE placing an order on our website for the first time. Your CONTACT email provided on the dealer form must be the same email you use when placing the order on our store front. The store does allow you to create an account once you place your first order, but it is up to you on if you would like to create one.
- If you are wanting to BECOME a new dealer, you must submit this request via email and it must be approved, prior to placing an order on the storefront.
EXCEPTION to these payment terms:
- The only exception to this rule for payment is for high volume dealers or chain brick and mortar stores, that have a long history of timely payments. For those situations we allow a longer set of terms and multiple options for payments. Please contact us for details.
👉Alternatively, dealers can pay for the order at the time you place it on this store-front. We would then provide you with your commission within 7 days of shipping. We will pay you electronically, just let us know the best method.
- We do NOT accept paper checks.
- We only accept payments electronically.
- The invoice you receive will have several ways to pay, including: apple pay, amazon pay, and paypal.
- If you are a current online dealer (with our products on your own website, where the sale in made on YOUR website, not the Printswell version of your site), then please contact us right away about continuing the relationship and what that entails. We will only be continuing online dealers with web images on a case by case basis.
- We will not accept old-style traditional faxes. We will accept what is known as "e-faxes," which you can send to our email. The fax needs to be able to arrive to us via email. We do not support a traditional fax number.
Now, how to place an order.
*Please note, if you are a current online dealer that sends completed print files with order details, then please contact us about the way you prefer to submit orders and card files. We will work with whatever method is best for you.
- Place your order on this store-front, or, if you prefer, order the item via email.
- Eventually, we hope to have links for every card for you to be able to self edit the cards on Corjl.com, but until then, proofs will be provided for free.
- Once all cards are available to self edit on Corjl, then proof fees will resume.
- Prices. We have one price per card type now, with a simple 10% discount on quantities over 100 for most cards. This does not apply to foil pressed cards, labels, or return address printing.
- Minimum of 20 cards for most items, sold in sets of 5. If you order an odd number (ex. 33) we will automatically correct it to be in sets of 5, so for this example, we would adjust the invoice to be 35.
- Any order for less than 20 will automatically be increased to be 20 cards.
- We have changed the default paper type of our cards (to a higher quality card stock). New paper type: Eggshell 120# Ultra White. You can also order any card in off white (a natural light cream), with matching envelopes (officially called 120# Eggshell in White).
- Foil cards in albums MUST be ordered via email. Pricing for foil pressed cards has increased, the new price sheet will reflect this change.
- Dealer discounts will NOT apply to any and all fees, that includes custom die fee.
- Dealer discounts will NOT apply to Euro-flap up-charge. This is essential as the price point would become to high for the client, and we want to be sure that the client is able to use these beautiful style envelopes.
- We will be discontinuing the square gift tags with string found in your Holiday Album. Please remove this page from your Holiday album.
- We offer recipient address printing for a fee and have some beautiful envelope designs (with more coming).
Upgrades and Add ons:
- You can upgrade to use Euro flap envelopes instead of the standard square flap. Found under Add ons in navigation.
- You can upgrade to use 118# cotton paper (not a heavier paper, just a higher quality paper) or ultra heavy card stock (think coasters). These upgrades are found under 'Add ons'.
- If you want a die-cut, it is added separately to your cart. Found under add ons.
- Address imprinting (all styles and types) can be found in the Navigation menu. Please add this to your cart separately of the card.